Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Monday Walk

Easter Monday is a holiday in Italy, so naturally Assisi's very busy weekend continued. I've mentioned before how interesting and peaceful Assisi's back streets can be, even during the busiest of times. As I worked my way through Monday's crowd on the main road between the Basilica of San Francesco and the Basilica of Santa Chiara, I decided to reconfirm this finding. First, the main road.
Pretty much packed, and even more so when cars try to get through. So, I took a right turn and went down about 40 yards to a parallel road. Here it is.
As a point of interest, the stone steps on the right are to the home of Bernardo di Quintavalle, one of Francis' earliest followers, a wealthy and well-educated man who gave what he had to the poor. Continuing along on a quiet Easter Monday stroll....
Good news on the weather front: the forecast now suggests Spring is on the horizon. Hope to go up Subasio soon.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment